What are cookies and how does Fortress use them
Cookies are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing the website.
Cookies enable us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the website you have visited; (iv) enhance your user experience by delivering content to your inferred interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security administrative functions. We also may include tracking pixels and web beacons in email messages.
Categories of cookies
Cookies are either deleted when you close down your browser (session cookies) or remain on your device until they expire or are deleted (persistent cookies). The main categories of cookies we use are:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, and ensuring the security of your online transactions with us and online access to our website. These cookies do not gather information about you or the purposes of marketing.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitor go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
- Third Party cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
- Analytics and Research cookies: These cookies allow the website to learn which of its services are most often used. This helps us to determine what to improve, what to remove and what to leave the same.
- Authentication cookies: These cookies help the website determine if a user is logged in, and then deliver the right experience and features to that unique user.
- Security cookies: These cookies help the website to impose security measures. They also help detect unusual and suspicious activities.
Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will be kept in accordance with the “How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?” section of our Privacy Statement.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your web browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you will not have access to many features that may make your browsing of our website smoother, like the features mentioned above, and some of our services may not function properly.